First off, I would like to welcome two new bloggers to our little world...the Barretts and the Alves's (i'm not real clear on the apostrophe after an "s" thing). Check out their blogs to see what kind of fun they have been up to!
So, what have BJ and I been up to? Well, all I can say is....They're baaaaack!!! Students, that is. We both spend all day transfering birth control, and other important medications, back to Starkvegas. In the past week I have spoken to pharmacists in Vail, New York, Florida, and Washington DC...just to name a few places. I am very jealous of the pharmacist in vail, colorodo by the way. Anyway, our sleepy little town is now busting at the seams with students. Interesting fact...MSU was the only college in the state with an increase in students this year. Where my drive to work used to take 10 minutes from door to door, it now takes 25 minutes. Parking on campus is very hard to come by! I love my job though, so I am not complaining :)
On another note, I'm so sad the Olympics are over. I have been a little bit obsessed this go round! There were so many great moments with Michael Phelps, the mens and womens gymnastics, the freakin jamaican sprinters (with a last name like Bolt, he was destined to be a sprinter I guess), and so many other things (like Matt and Al's rhythmic gymnastics duet - catch it on youtube if you missed it). I asked BJ the other night what I was going to do when the olympics were over, and he answered "go back to watching the weather channel." I didn't realize I had turned into my father-in-law...hanging out watching the weather channel. boy...i need a hobby or a life, one. I'm ready for my normal TV shows to be back on with new episodes.
We had a family dinner last night at our house. I have 3 of my 5 siblings in Starkville now, so BJ and I are hosting Sunday dinners every couple of weeks so we can all get together. Last nights menu was excellent....Spinich Ravioli Lasagna (yummy!!!), green-bean bundles, rolls, and home-made apple pie with a homemade caramel sauce. I told the kiddos not to expect that much next time. Jessica, John Michael, Graham, and Kate came over -- we missed you Laura Merrill and Jameson!!! We had a great time laughing at Kate's first week of college...she went out every night and still managed to make ALL her classes...yay! BJ and I are looking forward to this great tradition!
So, that is what we have been up to. I know it was a long post, but I haven't done one in a while. Looking so forward to football season and being able to see people in Starkville! Let me know if you are coming!!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Jennifer and BJ
- Our lives together began on the first day of pharmacy school. We finally became official on May 24, 2003, a year before graduation. We have moved five times in our five years together, but have finally settled down in Starkville with our two dogs, Carter Bug and Stella Bella.


1 comment:
I'm jealous of your Sunday dinners. I miss having family around me!
Post a Comment