Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A House Divided


It is finally that time of year...FOOTBALL SEASON!!! yeah!! BJ woke up that morning and the first thing out of his mouth was...College football starts today!! His giddyness was contagious. I love to watch college football, especially SEC football. However, the only thing I don't love is that I am in a mixed marriage. After living in Alabama for a while, I realize the Ole Miss/Mississippi State mixed marriage is much better off than an Alabama/Auburn marriage -- those are tough. I knew couples that wouldn't speak for a week after that game. Regardless, I like to think BJ and I have done a pretty good job of mixing marriage and football season. We can ride to the egg bowl together, but have learned that we cannot sit together. We have season tickets to both schools, so on the day of the egg bowl, the home team spouse sits in the season tickets, and the opposing person goes and finds somewhere else to sit. This arrangement is not because of us, but because we have both almost been beaten up at this game when we sat together. so it's just safer all around if we separate. The rest of the season is not that bad. The schedules this year really benefit our mixed marriage. There are not many home games that are the same. We both enjoy going to the other teams games. Dont't let BJ tell you different! I enjoy going to the grove and hanging out with friends and even going to the game. In the same way, BJ enjoys MSU games and hanging out...I've even caught him cheering on occasion :) I realized how far we have moved ahead when we were in Oxford this weekend. We were at the Ole Miss game and BJ was listening to the State game on his XM...and he didn't even rub it in when state lost...at least not to my face. We had a great time this weekend in Oxford with Courtney and Casey and hanging out with some good friends in the grove. Looking even more forward to the coming weeks and hanging out at MSU!! I refuse to loose faith in my bulldogs already! Hope to see many of you in Starkville (or Oxford) this season!!

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Parker woke up at 5 and immediately turned on ESPN. I'm not sure if giddiness is the appropriate word, but at least he didn't wake me up!

mary straton said...

Kell is a kid at Christmas during college football season. And having DVR has bade it even worse.

About Me

Our lives together began on the first day of pharmacy school. We finally became official on May 24, 2003, a year before graduation. We have moved five times in our five years together, but have finally settled down in Starkville with our two dogs, Carter Bug and Stella Bella.