Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two Week check up

Yes, I'm slow! Alex was two week last Tuesday, and we went to the MD for our first appointment. It was pretty much a disaster on mine and BJ's end, but the doctor said she looked great. She was back up to 7lbs 9oz (50th percentile)(we left the hospital at 6lbs 7oz), so yep...she's a little pig. She was up to 21½ inches in length (>95th percentile). Her head circumfrence was 34 1/4cm (25th percentile). So, the disaster part of the day was that we managed to go thru no less than 5 (yes FIVE) diapers in the hour we were at the doctor. It starts out in the waiting room, where BJ is throwing dirty looks at any child that walks in sick -- the flu is all over starkville, and we are trying our hardest for her not to get it! So, she goes to the bathroom out in the waiting room. No big deal, I take her to the bathroom and we change the diaper. As soon as we walk out, we are called to the back. She is screaming at this point, so I am carrying her and BJ luggs everything else to the back. As we are walking to the back, she goes again!! So the nurse asks us to take off all her clothes and go ahead and change her. So I get the clothes and the diaper off. I am starting to slide a new diaper under her when she decides it is time to pee -- everywhere! Oops. So I pull out yet another diaper, and manage to get that one on. On top of all of that, she is screaming the whole time. So after cleaning her (and the exam table) up, the nurse and BJ do all her measurments and weight. When the doctor came in, she was happily cuddled in a blanket in BJ's arms. The MD exams her, and yep, you guessed it...she poops again!!! So while I was checking us out, BJ took her to the car for her final diaper change of the outing. It was intense.

On a totally separate note, if anyone has tried to call my house and gotten a busy signal, our phones are messed up. I have been assured (after my 5th call to AT&T) that it will be fixed today. The worst part is that the phone is dialing 911 on it's on. 911 calls back, can't get us, and sends a cop. Not cool. At all. So that has been fun.

I wanted to upload some pics of Alex's room since it is finally finished. I don't feel bad since my due date isn't until tomorrow. So I have it done on my original time line :) The artwork is phenomenal and was done my precious cuz Mary Straton. She is so unbelievably talented! I also included a pic of Alex after her bath. She loves her bathtime!! Hope everyone is doing well, and until next time....

4 comments:

Allison said...

Love the room! Alex is adorable! Sorry about the terrible doctor's visit. They are never too much fun even without all the diaper changes :)!!!

The Mom said...

Yep...I agree with Al, doctor's visits are never fun. I love her room, and she is precious! Can't wait to see y'all during football season.

Rowe Family said...

My whole body just felt for you on the doctor's visit. She is so adorable and so is her room.

Will and Maggie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!I am so happy for you!

About Me

Our lives together began on the first day of pharmacy school. We finally became official on May 24, 2003, a year before graduation. We have moved five times in our five years together, but have finally settled down in Starkville with our two dogs, Carter Bug and Stella Bella.